Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll receive permission requests from your smartphone's operating system. You must accept these requests to use the app’s features since they allow us to accurately measure your driving and calculate trip scores. The following permission requests must be on or enabled:
Set location settings to ‘Always Allow’
- Your phone needs to be able to detect when your journeys start and end – and to measure the quality of your drives.
- Select ‘All in Settings’ then ‘Allow all the time’.
User activity recognition
- Enable or allow ‘Physical Activity’. This gives access to the accelerometer.
- It doesn’t monitor your physical fitness – we need this to detect your car’s movement, whilst you drive.
- An internet connection isn’t required to record a new trip or view the results of prior trips. It's only required to upload data from new trips, so they can be processed and scored.
- You also need the internet for the app to download any of your recently scored trips.
- You can disable mobile data usage and recording in the ‘My Account’ section of your DriveScore account.
Then select ‘Permissions’ to disable the following settings:
Data over WI-FI
- Switching this on will allow all trips to be uploaded using both WI-FI (when available) and mobile data when WI-FI is not available.
- Switching this off will mean that your recent trips are uploaded to the app, through WI-FI only.
While using DriveScore, the app records:
- Location data, including GPS
- Accelerometer data
- Gyroscope data
- Magnetometer data
- Barometer data
- Date and time
- Smartphone settings and status
- Your engagement with the app
- Your interaction with your smartphone/device.
Please note: The app doesn’t record information about which other apps you are using. It only identifies if the phone is generally in use during a trip, (e.g. if the phone is in motion or if the screen is on).