This usually happens when your Android phone tries to 'optimise' DriveScore and stops us from being able to log your drives.
To get this working again, follow these steps:
- Open DriveScore
- Go to the dashboard
- Tap the top right 'person' icon
- Tap 'drive recording'
- You should see that 'Battery optimisation' may be incomplete
- If so, please select that
- Find DriveScore in the apps list
- Add it to the 'not optimised' list.
Some people who've recently upgraded to iOS 15 and iPhone 13 have had this issue, and it's likely due to app permissions. We've escalated it with Apple and we're working hard to sort it out. What might help is if you:
- Launch the app from your phone's home screen. Your drives should then be recorded automatically (in the background), which you can check in the app.
- If that doesn't resolve the issue, please restart your phone, and then launch the app from your phone’s home screen.
- Check location services for the app and make sure these are set to ‘Always’ and that ‘Precise Location’ is turned on.
Other things to note are:
- If your phone is in battery saver mode, trips won't record whilst you drive.
- Check the 'Missing trips' section of your trip list, as sometimes trips are labelled with you as a passenger.
If this doesn't help, get in touch with us below and we'll look into it for you.